7.27.2007

Birthday Revisited...

Last night I celebrated my birthday by going to a going away party for Ken, a friend of a friend. OK, well enough... I had had a nice dinner the night before for my b-day, and being that I am not exactly established yet, I tend to go with whatever comes my way.

So, back to last night and the going away party... After having an average dinner with friends at the venerable Fortune House (not) in Brooklyn Heights where I am staying... I found myself watching gay men line dancing to Country Music on the tiny dance floor at Catty Shack, a lesbian bar in Park Slope. Now, I am not exactly a fan of Country Music, I couldn't tell you who sang what, but I do enjoy watching line dancing, and two stepping. There is something to the rhythm of it that I find quite appealing. Not that you would likely ever find me doing it. In the end, the juxtaposition of it all, made for quite the fun evening, and a memorable way to spend my birthday. I also got to finally meet several people I had heard about over the past few years.

Good Luck in Arizona Ken.

No comments: