9.14.2007

The Roller Coaster

I'm Back!

OK, so I started this site out with the intention of posting a few times a week about my experience of moving to New York City (after having wanted to do so my whole life). It all started out well, and then the past four weeks happened, and this site (TNNY) dropped to the bottom of my priorities.

So, I am going to have a go at this again… Not guarantees, but I will try… This past month has been a roller coaster to say the least. Looking for work, and dealing with my worldly goods, and having family in the hospital have consumed this past four weeks. After all that, doing posts on TNNY was just not on my radar. (As for 24gotham, I can set it on autopilot by creating several posts at a time, and letting them publish on a schedule.)

After a couple of price cuts, and a lot of stress, I sold my loft in Chicago. I got a contract on it after having it on the market for ten weeks. I didn’t get quite as much as I had hoped for, but in the current market, I was just glad to be done with it. The time between my accepting the offer, and closing was a short 23 days. That meant that I had to fly back to Chicago (Love Jet Blue!), pack up my place and move it all here in what amounted to a marathon of activity. And while I did have some help, for the most part, I did it alone (but still with lots of support). All the while, I was stressing because my Father was in the hospital overnight for a procedure (which produced good results), and a week later my Mother was in the hospital for several days after having knee replacement surgery (She is home and recovering now). [Love you Mom and Dad!]

I am back in NYC, and my stuff is finally here as well. The move was a lot of money for me, and unfortunately one of my most prized (and valuable) possessions was broken. I won’t go into the details of the disappointing experience with my moving company (yet), but suffice to say, I would be hesitant to recommend them.

Now that I am finally and fully here, I only have to find a job and an apartment… Which almost seems minor at this point.

Stay tuned for the apartment and job hunt!

1 comment:

JUSTIN said...

Glad to see you are alive and well. Good luck with the hunting!