10.05.2007

Verizon Sucks and I am Pissed!

I am writing on my iPhone because Verizon has screwed up both my phone and DSL service. I don't want this site to be nothing but a bitch fest, but sometimes one needs to unload a bit. So here goes (it will be short since I am henpecking on my phone)...

I placed my order for phone and DSL service last Friday and was pleased that my phone was hooked up by Tuesday. I even had my DSL modem on Tuesday, and after an hour of futzing, I managed to get my Internet up and running.

Then yesterday, when I got to the apt, the Internet was gone. I called and they are sending me a new modem (I am actually waiting for UPS to deliver it now).

OK, so I am moderately annoyed at this point... The thought of not having Internet for even a day is an absolute horror. So, as I sit here waiting for Mr UPS (I am assuming a he, but I could be wrong) I decided to make a phone call.

No dialtone! I used the phone yesterday, what happened overnight? I had a friend email me customer services phone number and found out there is a problem with the line. Now after waiting all afternoon for my modem, I have to wait for a repairman in the morning.

So to put mildly, I am pissed at Verizon. Of course when all this is
done, I will have to call and demand a credit for the service I am
paying for and not getting. I think whenever a service provider screws
up, they should credit you double the down time.

I will post again when I have service. Thanks for reading my bitch post.

UPDATE: Saturday evening... Still no DSL Service, I am updating this from a cafe. I am keeping my fingers crossed to have service by Monday.

UPDATE #2: Verizon is still sucking.... Three more phone calls, it is Monday morning and still no service. This after being told it would be fixed by yesterday. Fortunately, I have a nice vegetarian coffee house nearby, 'sNice.


2 comments:

kasia said...

we all need to bitch once in a while! your loyal readers will understand. you're in Magic Land - in your own apartment - in Magic Land! relax - it will all work out.

but bitch on, if you need to!

Devyn said...

Kasia, Thanks for helping put things into perspective. You are right... I have an apartment in Magicland, everything else will work out. Thanks again.