10.31.2007

The Chickens Have Hatched!

On Monday's post I made a small mention about having a final interview on Tuesday (yesterday) and that I didn't want to expand until I knew more. As the old adage goes; "Don't count your chickens until they've hatched".

Well, yesterday, I had my final interview and in the late afternoon I received a phone call letting me know that they were offering me the job.

Since I do like to keep a few things to myself, I will tell you that the position is exactly what I was after, a Compensation Analyst. The company has over 10,000 employees, is traded on the NASDQ, they are in the business of transportation, and unfortunately not located on my beloved island (Manhattan). The details such as my actual start date are still being worked out, but I have officially accepted the position.

The benefits are decent, and I have a few huge perks which I won't go into, but lets just say that I will be able to travel for pleasure quite easily now. The only real downside... The commute... They are located in the city, but I will have a 45-50 minute commute door to door, although it is on a single train that I catch three blocks from my apartment. I was spoiled by a 7-10 minute, 8 block commute when I lived in Chicago, but at least know the iPod on my iPhone will get a good workout. And maybe I will begin to read again.

This makes for the final major piece in completing my move to New York City. Although there are lots of small gaps that remain to be filled in, and I am sure new larger gaps will appear as time goes on... The hardest of the hard is now out of the way. Now if I could just find a place to unpack all the crap I moved into my apartment...

I will post more as I know more.
Cheers!

3 comments:

JUSTIN said...

Congrats man!

forgingahead said...

Great news Devyn! I imagine you will adapt to the commute soon enough.

Nattfodd said...

Congratulations! Commuting is a great way to read a lot (if you don't have too many changes and own a good pair of earphones, that is).